SAMANTHA project wants to anticipate with this up/reskilling strategy, especially in VET (Vocational Education and Training) field because the current European VET offer has to respond to such challenges and take advantage of great opportunities ahead as the gap that exists in the Toolmaking and Habitat sector. For this reason, SAMANTHA aims to develop a novel training program addressing the mismatched high-tech T-shaped skills for proper implementation of AM in the value chains of such sectors through high qualified workers.
Project partners will develop and test 5 Intellectual Outputs (IO) over the project period:
• IO1- Create flexible learning pathways and didactic tools based on the learning outcomes approach, able to provide, assess and recognize the key competences identified in target groups.
• IO2- To ensure good alignment of VET programmes with the requirements of the Toolmaking industry and Habitat sector regarding AM.
• IO3- To boost the Digital Transformation and the Smart Industrial Specialisation of these manufacturing sectors with a competent implementation of AM in their value chains.
• IO4- To increase competitiveness and productivity of these sectors with a continuous up/re-skilling of the workforce with the required high-tech T-shaped skills needed in the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
• IO5- To raise awareness and to improve the image of KETs and STEM graduates in society as a field to work in.
TECOS role in the SAMANTHA project is to primary cover the Toolmaking sector during the development of intellectual outputs and to provide adequate dissemination among their members that come from Toolmaking sector. Among that, TECOS will help to strengthen needed key skills and competences through up/re-skilling of the current workers of the Toolmaking industry and Habitat sector (continuous VET) and students willing to focus on their professional careers in such sectors (initial VET).
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. For more information stay tuned on the website of the project.